Update: This pattern has now been tested. Thank you very much to the lovely ladies who tested it for me!
Hmmm, I don’t really know why I am calling it a Crochet Dinosaur Puzzle. For lack of a better description, I suppose. The crochet dinosaur part is obvious (at least, I hope it is!), but the puzzle isn’t really a puzzle. Although…this one is more of a challenge for the little ones as there are plenty of opportunities to assemble it wrong and get a whole new creature.
This pattern is based on the Original Crochet Amish Puzzle Ball, so uses a lot of the same components.
I need 5 of you crafty crocheters to test this pattern, pretty please!!
Up to now, and because all of my patterns are free, I have not had anyone else test them for me. I have chosen the more lazy route of testing them myself about 2 months after initially writing them. That way the patterns were no longer fresh in my mind and I could pick up on more of the mistakes.
I am not sure yet whether I will make this one available for free or if I will charge a minimal amount. But either way (because it is a bit more tricky) I want to make sure that the pattern is faultless and easy to understand.
I will need beginners and advanced crocheters. I would also like some people who have made the Puzzle Ball and some who haven’t.
Requirements for testers:
- You need to be able to read crochet patterns. I have used USA terminology, but this in no way excludes Brits. As long as you understand (or are able to adapt) USA terminology, you are welcome
- You need to be to have the crochet dinosaur finished by Sunday 25 November 2012.
- You need to be able to open pdf documents.
- You will need to email me any notes you have on how I can improve the pattern (including wording, typos and photos) no later than Monday the 26th of November.
- I will need you to email me a photo of the completed project. I would also appreciate it if you would give me permission to feature any images in the pattern/on my site (with proper credit, of course). For this you will need to supply your full name, surname and website if applicable.
- You will need to promise me, cross your heart!, that you will not share this pattern with anyone. You may, of course, blog about the project, being a tester, etc. But I retain all rights to the pattern.
What will I get out of it?
Duh! I will get the pattern tested and meet some nice people.
What will you get out of it?
- Public acknowledgement in the completed pattern and on my site (with links to your website, if relevant).
- Preferential consideration for any future patterns that need testing.
- The chance to make this little crochet dinosaur before anyone else in the universe.
- My eternal gratitude!
You may use any colour you want, as long as it is double knit yarn/wool.
I am currently busy with a red and yellow crochet dinosaur, but will use the same pattern with colour changes incorporated.
If you are interested, please leave me a comment (either here or on Facebook) stating the following:
- My name is:
- I am a beginner/advanced crocheter
- I have/have not made the puzzle ball.
- I promise (cross my heart!!) not to share this pattern with anyone.
- I can have the dinosaur finished by Sunday 25 November 2012 and will email any notes and photos by the 26th of November.
Please do not be offended if I tell you that I already have enough testers and watch this space, because I have another pattern that will need testing after this one and it is WAY cooler.
If you are selected I will confirm it via email and send the pattern and rules out no later than Wednesday the 14th of November.