I might as well post the pattern for the Crochet Digger Loader here as I am never going to get around to doing anything about my Etsy account. Have at it, aspiring farm implement crocheters!
Please Read Below Before You Download The Pattern!
- I have used US Crochet Terminology.
- The little light has been left out of the pattern, sorry!
Little Orange Light Pattern
- With orange yarn and working into a magic ring: ch 1, 6 x sc. Continue working around, making the first st of the next round in the first st of this round. (6)
- Sc inc x 6. (12)
- Sc into the back loop only of every st around. (12)
- Sc x 12, working through both loops again from here on out. (12)
- Sc x 12. Ch 1 and bind off. Leave a long tail and sew to the top of the digger. (12)
Linen Stitch Tutorial
The crochet digger is made using the linen stitch, which is basically a mesh of *sc, ch-1, skip 1*. If you have never used the linen stitch, or would like a bit more help on how to make it, please see this photo tutorial.
Working Over the Slip Stitches
I have had some question about working over the slip stitches in this pattern (when making the “arms” and the “scoops/buckets”). Below I have included a photo that will hopefully clear up any confusion.
Adding (and working over) slip stitches like this creates a very sturdy piece of work that will hold its shape much better.
I hope you enjoy making this little digger loader.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only link to products I personally use or would use. All opinions are my own.